New Team! New Things! New Goals! Check it out!
Dear UCP-SARnet Members,
It is my pleasure to inform you that we have an amazingly strong and diversified new Executive Team. Randi Burggraff replaced Robby Uppal in the role of Assistant Facilitator coordinating work of the Team. We all are grateful to Robby for an extraordinary commitment he made reorganizing the structure and documentation of UCP-SARnet.
On August 21 the new Team had an orientation meeting (see the photo) during which we acknowledged four strategic areas of Team's work for the rest of the year: developing new partnerships (UN Foundation, UN Campaign, Global Alliance for ICT and Development, Institute for Women's Leadership at Rutgers University), search for sponsors and fundraising, activating teams of regional coordinators, and upgrading our portal according to the recommendations made by our new ICT Team.
During the Saturday's meeting we also briefly discussed the following projects and actions that will be promoted by UCP-SARnet during the years 2010/11:
1. STAND UP events organized for the UN Campaign Against Poverty;
2. Virtual Meetings "Bridging the World";
3. World Academy for the Future of Women at Sias International University (China);
4. Gandhi College of Social Work (India);
5. Community-University Exposition 2011 (Canada);
6. Professional Development Training for Community Leaders;
7. Global Leadership Tours;
8. Expanding UCP-SARnet based community related courses;
9. Participatory Research Project on the Development and Impact of UCP-SARnet;
10. Conference on Sustainable Workforce 2011 in Shanghai (China);
11. Summer Global Leadership Camp at Sias (China);
12. Millennium Development Goals Conference 2012 in Zhengzhou (China).
We kindly invite all UCP-SARnet members in these projects. Please contact Randi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of these projects.