AASRA FOR COMMUNITY TRANSFORMATION (ACT India)
Act advocates for a culturally rich and enabled India, and our purpose is to look for practical and simple alternatives, while building a positive poly-cultural nation with inspiration from Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and Aurobindo, along with and social practitioners like Amartya Sen. We advocate universal human rights and children's rights, and focus on issues around equality, fraternity, and tolerance. We combat sectarianism and discrimination against people because of caste, color, health status or sexualit.
Member Since 2010
Our Intiative :
- AASRA BRIGHT FUTURE CENTRE
- Dream Rainbow : Mahatma Gandhi College of Social Work
- Integrated Child Project System
- Gandhi Research Centre
- Nyay Yatra ( Journey for Justice )
- NEWSnet EAST
- ACT InfoSOFT
- International AIDS Candlelight Day ( 3rd Sunday of Every May )
- Champaran Satygarh Padyatra ( Peace Walk - 2 - 18th Oct )
- Gandhi Film Festival ( 1-30th Jan )
Programs / Activities
- Education through Media Initiatives.
- Child Protection Initiatives.
- ACT (Action for Community).
- ACT knowledge Centre.
- Certificate in Social Work
- Certificate in HIV/AIDS and rights
- Peer group training for HIV/AIDS, environment
- Certificate in MDGs
- P.G Diploma in Gandhian Studies
- Effective use of Information Technology (IT ) for Social Organisation
For Online course : http://aasraindia.igloocommunities.com/
We invite you to volunteer for community service, or join us for an internship. We welcome people from all sectors and age groups, especially students who may explore in a field of their interest which will help them to find their vocation in life. Please Click here
RESEARCH / PARTCIPATE HERE :
Are you MSW qualified social worker or doing BSW / MSW anywhere in the world ? Do you want to contribute to establish "A model Community College of Social Work ïn India". Just give us your 10 mins and COMPLETE THIS FORM.
Funding & Resource Needs
We do require for fund for all our project for which we are looking for proposal writes , CSR branch and funding agencies. You may also donate your vechile , laptops or iPhone. You can also donate your old books (which is useful for research and can keep in libarary).
Collaboration with UCP-SARnet:
1. Working on the development of the Mahatma Gandhi College of Social Work in Bihar
2. Buidling the network of UCP-SARnet in India.
3. Promtion and co-ordination for ECO-Village in AFRICA with Jain Irrigation Pvt.Ltd , Jalgaon