- 950 S. McAlister
- Tempe, Arizona
- USA, 85287-1104
- Work Phone: 480-965-6253
- Fax: 480 965-8554
- Added "FLYER EmPeace LABS 2013 final.pdf"7 days ago
- Added blog article "Replication of EmPeace LABS 2012 workshop in …"2 months ago
- Posted forum topic "Ouestions for Organizational Committee"3 months ago
- Posted forum topic "Aging population and MDGs"3 months ago
- Posted forum topic "Contribution to Discussion Forums"3 months ago
- Added blog article "Social Event"4 months ago
- Added blog article "Prevention of Social Injustice"4 months ago
- Added blog article "Modern Slavery"4 months ago
- Posted forum topic "Video "Introduction to Participatory Res…"4 months ago
- Added "First Leadership Team of UCP-SARnet (2008)"4 months ago
- Blog Articles8(9%)
- Calendar Events0(0%)
- Forum Posts6(6%)
- Wiki Articles0(0%)
Marek Wosinski received his degrees in psychology (with specialization in clinical and educational psychology) from the University of Warsaw (Poland). He held academic and administrative positions at the universities in Warsaw, Krakow and Katowice in Poland. In 1990 he began teaching at the Arizona State University (USA), still maintaining contact with Poland working as an associate professor at the Warsaw School for Social Sciences and Humanities.
Among other basic psychology courses, Dr. Wosinski has been teaching such classes as Community Psychology, Introduction to Community Research and Action, Multicultural Perspective on Community Leadership. In the year 2000 he was a finalist for the ASU Teacher of the Year Award and he received the 2008 Outstanding Educator Award granted by the Society for Community Research and Action. He published 4 books and 60 articles in Polish and international journals.
Through his entire career Dr. Wosinski has been very active on the international arena. He was teaching as a visiting professor in the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden. As a guest lecturer and motivational speaker he has been presenting throughout Europe, North/South America and Australia to diversified audiences: teens, teachers, medical doctors, managers, parents, senior citizens, religious communities, gay communities, and others.
Since 2007 Dr. Wosinski has been building and facilitating UCP-SARnet. Dr. Wosinski is a member of the High-level Panel of Advisers of the Global Alliance for ICT and Development (GAID) - an organization established by the UN to promote the use of ICT for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals. Dr. Wosinski presented the network to participants of several international gatherings: Civil Forum in Seoul, World Congress on Higher Education in Paris, International Conference on Community Psychology in Lisbon, CU Expo in Canada, Global Forums of GAID in Monterey and Abu Dhabi.